- Dylan Olsen got in two (minor) fights this weekend. Good to see him mix it up. That feistyness combined with his hard slapshot from the point make him one of my favorites.
- I wish they kept stats for time on attack. The Bulldogs were pretty much on a perpetual powerplay for the entire game. Especially the Connolly-Fontaine line, they absolutely dominated play all weekend.
- Speaking of our first line, Providence head coach Tim Army compared them to the Atkinson-Gibbons-Whitney line on Boston College. Pretty lofty comparison when you consider those three combined for 148 points on their way to a national championship last year. Connolly-Fontaine line has 25 points through four games this year.
- Dan DeLisle doesn't do anything for me. I was excited to see him last year, considering his size, (6-4, 225) the fact that he came to UMD right out of HS, and that he was deemed talented enough to be drafted in the third round by the Blackhawks, but he literally contributes nothing while he's out there. Such a waste of size.
- Jack Connolly told me after the game that the ice was terrible this weekend. I couldn't really tell, but Kevin Pates apparently noticed. I guess it was due to the unseasonably warm October weather.
- I called the blowout. Not a terribly difficult thing to foresee, but I'm bragging anyway.
Make sure to check out the Maroon Loon Thursday at nine pm on 103.3 KUMD. We're gonna have a great show this week, packed with plenty of soundbites and shenanigans. Also follow me on Twitter. Please? I'm an incredibly entertaining tweeter. One of the best.