- UMD equipment manager Chris Garner is undergoing extensive medical treatment for a condition called myelodysplastic syndrome. There will be an online auction comprised of 82 jerseys and over 20 autographed sticks to help him pay for his medical bills. If you're a hockey memorabilia collector, or know someone who is, make sure to check it out. It starts October 24th at obermanauction.com
- Best car ever? Best car ever.
- The New York Islanders may allow Hofstra University students to produce, edit, and even do color commentary for their radio broadcasts this season. I love it. The Islanders save money and students get a shot at the big leagues. It seems as though there are simultaneously more and less opportunities in journalism these days, if that makes any sense.
- Two great Tumblrs: Angry Haikus and HolyMauryMotherofGod.
- The Insane Clown Posse is an endless source of fascination for me. This story peeled back the stupid face paint and revealed that they really are just dumb white trash. Somehow I feel really bad for them though.
- YouTube Clip of the Week - Best Racing Game EVER
Monday, October 18, 2010
I love the internet. I also spend way too much time wading through all of its filth trying to find nuggets of gold. Here's what I found this week: